These days, being able to make pretty is not enough to run a successful floral design business. You need good business skills and knowledge as well as good floral mechanics.
Join us to gain new business knowledge and learn new floral design skills as well as making new flower friends.
- 12 and 13 June 2018 (daily from 8.30 to 16.30pm)
- with an attendees dinner on 12 June (about 6pm)
- Hertford Country Hotel, Lanseria, Johannesburg
- R5000 per person
In the mornings – we’ll cover some serious stuff – business knowledge:
- PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND AND COST, THIS BUSINESS SESSION HAS BEEN DROPPED IN FAVOUR OF A MECHANICS SESSION ON SUSPENDED FLOWERS
- The consumer protection act (CPA) and terms and conditions, – how does this affect you as a florists to protect yourselves and your clients OR the health and safety act and how this affects you as a florist – if you work in a public space like a venue – you are affected.
- What not to do – a quick overview on design theory and some examples of common mistakes many of us make
- Pricing – let’s get real about pricing and learn to do it right as well as value our time and experience
- NEW: An open panel discussion about issues facing our businesses today, suggested topics include: social media, which platform, how often, hashtags etc, are styled shoots over, wedding blogs/advertising, the CPA and OSH, reaching your target market, branding etc
In the afternoons we’ll do some hands-on after a teaching/demo session.
- Designing with flower glue – the ins and outs and a hands on session to make some pieces
- Traditional wiring – different methods, when to use it and a hands on session to make some pieces
- NEW: Suspended flowers – the safety aspects, mechanics and options involved for several suspended flower design options
You’ll be kept refreshed with morning and afternoon tea/coffee and small eats. And lunch on both days.
Please let me know if you are vegetarian or have any other special dietary requirements – there may be a surcharge from the hotel to cater for your needs.
You’ll get a notebook and pen as well as printed notes from each presentation.
All the flowers and relevant mechanics needed for the the hands-on sessions will be provided. You only need to bring your own cutters, apron if you like, ribbon scissors and some wire cutters.
You need to bring:
- your own tools, apron, pegs (it will make sense on the day)
This 2 day course is aimed at business owners as it covers business aspects as well as flower design skills.
The hotel offers good accomodation to any attendees from out of town and wanting to stay over. Please contact them directly to book a room, but ask me for the reference number to secure the conference rate.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invoice and to reserve your place
- your booking is only confirmed on receipt of payment in full
to see what we got up to at our last workshop – have a look here: