These days, being able to make pretty is not enough to run a successful floral design business. You need good business skills and knowledge as well as good floral mechanics to make your work stand out against the average.
Join us to gain new business knowledge and learn new floral design skills as well as making new flower friends.
- 7 and 8 August 2018 (daily from 8.30 to 16.30pm)
- with an attendees dinner on 7 August (about 18.30 til 20.30)
- Talloula, Botha’s Hill, Outer West Durban KZN
- R5000 per person
In the mornings – we’ll cover some serious stuff i.e. theory:
- What not to do – a quick overview on design theory and some examples of common mistakes many of us make
- An open panel discussion about issues facing our businesses today, suggested topics include: social media, which platform, how often, hashtags etc, are styled shoots over, wedding blogs/advertising, the CPA and OSH, reaching your target market, branding etc, commissions to other industry vendors
In the afternoons we’ll do some hands-on after a teaching/demo session.
- Foam free compotes, elevated designs and installations, including making a group piece for our dinner
- Advanced designing with flower glue – tattoo & crazy hair pieces and a hands on session to make some pieces
- Traditional wiring – different methods, when to use it and a hands on session to make some pieces
You’ll be kept refreshed with morning and afternoon tea/coffee and small eats. And lunch & drinks on both days.
Please let me know if you are vegetarian or have any other special dietary requirements – there may be a surcharge from the venue to cater for your needs.
You’ll get a notebook and pen as well as printed notes from each presentation.
All the flowers and relevant mechanics needed for the the hands-on sessions will be provided. You only need to bring your own cutters, apron if you like, ribbon scissors and some wire cutters.
You need to bring:
- your own tools, apron, pegs (it will make sense on the day)
This 2 day course is aimed at floral designers with some level of experience as there are advanced techniques being taught, but also skills suitable for the less experienced.
The venue offers good accommodation to any attendees from out of town and wanting to stay over. Please contact them directly to book a room.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invoice and to reserve your place
- your booking is only confirmed on receipt of payment in full
to see what we got up to at our last workshop in KZN – have a look here: