These days, being able to make pretty is not enough to run a successful floral design business. You need good business skills and knowledge as well as good floral mechanics.
Join us to gain new business knowledge and learn new floral design skills as well as making new flower friends.
- 22 and 23 August 2017 with a welcome dinner on 21 August
- Talloula’s, Botha’s Hill
- R4500 per person
We’ll start with a get to know each other 3 course dinner with wine and soft drinks on the evening of the 21st of August – where you can enjoy the beauty of a pretty setting for a change.
In the mornings – we’ll cover some serious stuff – business knowledge:
- Health and Safety – how does this affect you as a florists – hint, if you are in a public space, you are affected
- Pricing – let’s get real about pricing and learn to do it right
- Tips on shooting your own work with an SLR/smart phone
In the afternoons we’ll do some hands-on after a teaching/demo session by leading industry florists.
- Designing with flower glue – full course covered in 2 sessions
- Suspended florals
You’ll be kept refreshed with morning and afternoon tea/coffee and small eats. And a 2 course lunch on both days.
You’ll get a notebook and pen as well as printed notes from each presentation.
All the flowers to do the hands-on sessions
You need to bring:
- your own tools, apron, pegs (it will make sense on the day)
This 2 day course is aimed at business owners as it covers business aspects as well as flower design skills. If there is enough interest, I will consider adding a 3rd day that can be booked independently to cover more hands-on floral design training. Please indicate interest in a separate session in an email to me.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invoice and to reserve your place